Plastic Mould heat treatment is an important means to i […]
Plastic Mould heat treatment is an important means to improve the hardness of steel. Generally, it is carried out after the mould is roughened, and the heat treatment is returned for finishing. However, there are risks during the treatment. Improper handling will cause cracks in the steel. And scrap, then what are the reasons for the abnormal plastic mould steel material?
1. The mould material has serious segregation of network carbides.
2. There is mechanical processing or cold plastic stress in the mould.
3. Caused by improper heat treatment of the mould (heating or cooling too fast, improper selection of quenching cooling medium, too low cooling temperature, too long cooling time, etc.).
4. The complex shape of the mould, uneven thickness, sharp corners and thin threaded holes, etc., make the thermal stress and structural stress remain too large.
5. The heating temperature of the plastic mould is too high during the quenching process to cause overheating or overburning.
6. After the mould is quenched, the tempering is not timely or the tempering holding time is insufficient.
7. When the mould is reworked and quenched, it is heated and quenched again without intermediate annealing.
8. Improper grinding process for mould heat treatment.
9. During the EDM machining after the heat treatment of the mould, there are high tensile stress and microcracks in the hardened layer.
Taizhou Huangyan Rongwei Plastic Mould is an expert in the injection mould industry. For more injection mould questions, please feel free to consult us: Household Product Mould.