Below, choose a more suitable Crate Mould to meet the f […]
Below, choose a more suitable Crate Mould to meet the following six requirements.
1. Many resins and additives with high corrosion resistance have corrosive effects on the surface of the cavity. This corrosion causes the metal on the surface of the cavity to dissolve and fall off, resulting in the deterioration of the surface conditions and the deterioration of the quality of plastic parts. Therefore, it is best to use corrosion-resistant steel or chrome plating and cymbal nickel treatment on the surface of the cavity.
2. The glossiness and precision of plastic parts with good wear resistance are directly related to the wear resistance of the cavity surface of the crate mould. Especially when glass fiber, inorganic filler and some pigments are added to some plastics, they move at a high speed in the runner and cavity together with the plastic melt, causing great friction to the cavity surface. If the material is not wear-resistant, it will soon wear out, thus endangering the quality of the plastic parts.
3. Excellent dimensional stability During plastic moulding, the temperature of the die cavity of the crate shall reach above 300℃. For this reason, it is best to choose tool steel (heat treated steel) that has been properly tempered. Otherwise, the microstructure of the material will be changed, resulting in changes in the size of the plastic mould.
4. Easy-to-process mould parts are mostly made of metal materials, and some structures and shapes are still very complicated. In order to shorten the production cycle and improve power, mould materials are required to be easy to be processed into the shapes and precision required by drawings.
5. plastic plastic part with good polishing performance generally require excellent gloss and surface condition, so that that roughness of the cavity surface is required to be very small. in this way, surface processing, such as polishing and grin, is necessary for the cavity surface. Therefore, the selected steel should not contain coarse impurities and pores.
6. Heat treatment has little influence. In order to improve hardness and wear resistance, the crate mould is generally heat treated, but this treatment should make its dimension change very little. Therefore, it is best to choose pre-hardened steel that can be machined.