1. High corrosion resistance many resins and additives […]
1. High corrosion resistance many resins and additives have corrosive effects on the surface of the cavity. This corrosion causes the surface of the cavity to corrode and fall off, the surface condition deteriorates, and the quality of the moulded part deteriorates. Therefore, it is best to use corrosion-resistant steel or chrome-plated, nickel-plated surfaces on the cavity surface.
2. Good wear resistance The gloss and precision of the surface of plastic parts are directly related to the wear resistance of the surface of the Table Mould cavity, especially when some plastics add glass fiber, inorganic filler, and some pigments. Together with the plastic melt, it idles in the flow channel and the cavity, and the friction on the surface of the cavity is very large. If the material is not wear-resistant, it will wear quickly and the quality of the plastic part will be harmed.
3. Excellent dimensional stability When moulding plastic, the temperature of the table mould cavity should reach 300 °C or above. For this reason, it is best to use tool steel (heat-treated steel) that has been properly tempered. Otherwise, it will cause changes in the microstructure of the material, resulting in changes in the scale of the table mould.
4. Easy to process table mould parts are mostly made of metal materials, and some structural shapes are still very complicated. In order to shorten the production cycle and improve power, the table mould materials are required to be easily processed into the shape and precision required by the drawings.
5. Good polishing performance Plastic parts are generally required to have excellent gloss and surface condition, so the surface roughness of the cavity is required to be very small, so that surface processing such as polishing and grinding is necessary for the cavity surface. Therefore, the selected steel should not contain rough impurities and pores.
6. Small effect by heat treatment In order to improve the hardness and wear resistance, the table mould is generally heat-treated, but this treatment should have a small change in its scale. Therefore, it is preferable to use pre-hardened steel which can be machined.